Tiger Shroff helps focus puller Ravi Kumar monetarily after reports of non-payment by Pooja Entertainment | Bollywood News

Actor Tiger Shroff has come ahead to monetarily help focus puller CH Ravi Kumar days after indianexpress.com reported that the production company Pooja Entertainment is yet to clear the payments of its cast and crew. Kumar, who worked on the Mudassar Aziz-directorial Mere Husband Ki Biwi produced by Vashu Bhagnani and son Jackky, had been injured a few months ago and was struggling to pay his bills. Tiger was a part of the film Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, also produced by Pooja Entertainment.

Days after the indianexpress.com reported that Pooja Entertainment has not paid dues to the crew associated with the films, including Kumar, the focus puller exclusively informed the indianexpress.com about the new development. He said, “It was very kind of Tiger to step forward when he read about my plight. The production has still not paid me but Tiger stepped in. His mother and father called me yesterday and I spoke to them. Many years ago even Jackie sir (actor Jackie Shroff) had helped my brother, who was injured while working on a film. I’m touched by Tiger’s gesture and this is a huge respite for me.” While Ravi Kumar refused to reveal the exact amount that Tiger gave him, he said that it was “in lakhs.”

On June 29, indianexpress.com had reported that Kumar was paid a part of his payment when he pleaded with them to clear his dues after his family member fell terribly sick. However, despite multiple requests, he didn’t receive the full payment.

ALSO READ | Pooja Entertainment actors, crew reveal trauma of unpaid dues, hope Akshay Kumar-Tiger Shroff will step up: ‘Had to sell house, plead for money from hospital’

He said, “The balance was Rs 1,56,000. Later, I had an accident in June so I called the person in the production house, who said he would pay me but never did. Then I was given some other number, but again there was no response. I was bedridden for eight months, I exhausted my insurance money, and took a loan to pay my hospital bills. Even from my hospital bed, I kept calling, but I was only given excuses. I am a focus puller, but after the accident, because I can’t walk normally, I am not getting enough work.”

Festive offer

He added, “My HoD was shooting with Akshay Kumar on another film, when I called them because the Pooja Entertainment executive spoke to me so rudely while I was still in bed, it just broke me. Then some calls were made and then they paid me Rs 50,000. Rest of the money, Rs 1,06,000 is still unpaid. It is a huge amount for a person like me, I break down frequently because this amount can help me.”

Not just Ravi Kumar, many cast and crew members associated with films produced by Pooja Entertainments have not been paid their dues. In another exclusive report, the indianexpress.com found out that the lead stars of the film Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, including Tiger Shroff, Sonakshi Sinha, Alaya F, and Manushi Chhillar are also awaiting their payments.

ALSO READ | Exclusive: Tiger Shroff, Sonakshi Sinha, Alaya F, Manushi Chhillar await payment for Bade Miyan Chote Miyan from Vashu Bhagnani’s Pooja Entertainment

A source close to the film told indianexpress.com, “Tiger Shroff too has not received his fees for the film. He has maintained his silence on the non-payment of his dues for Bade Miyan Chote Miyan but after learning that the crew and the support staff, who gave the film their all, have also not been paid, he wants the production house to clear the dues immediately.”

The source added, “None of these actors (Sonakshi, Alaya, and Manushi) on the film have received their dues either. They completed their work on the film and even after requesting them a few times, there was no reply. They also promoted the film because they didn’t want to leave the film hanging, but there was no payment made.”

Indianexpress.com had previously reported that the estimated cost of the crew and vendors, which is owed by Pooja Entertainment is around Rs 2.5 crore. The news of non-payment by Pooja Entertainment came in light after multiple people in a collaborative Instagram post accused producers Vashu Bhagnani and his children–Deepshikha Deshmukh and actor Jackky Bhagnani of non-payment of dues. They detailed their ordeal as “sheer frustration” of those who worked but weren’t paid.

Click for more updates and latest Bollywood news along with Entertainment updates. Also get latest news and top headlines from India and around the world at The Indian Express.

Source link